Tuesday, October 12, 2010

More things I miss about Seattle:

India Pale Ale on tap everywhere. Little did I know I was drinking especially hoppy pale ale

Also noted recently--someone invited me to an upcoming Christmas Party. The days are getting longer, and much warmer, and we recently sprang ahead with daylight savings time, and ... WTF? It's impossible for Christmas to be approaching.

I continue to be regularly surprised at new things which I have to price and learn that yes, they too are much more expensive than they would have been in Seattle. Recent examples include: hot water heater, washing machine, and helicoil thread repair kit.

However, I can now confidently cross the street with relatively high assurance I know from which direction the cars will be approaching. There's something to be said for this. There's also something to be said for Christmas, which is clearly one of the most depressing days of the entire year, happening on a day when there likely to be lots of sunlight--or at least many hours of daylight. I *shall* learn to love this place. It's happening to me and for me, in spite of myself =). Hooray!!!

1 comment:

  1. you're lovely, my drinker of hoppy pale ale!
    i am so looking forward to our date together tomorrow!
    thank you for moving to oz with me.
    i love you!

    ReplyDelete