Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Grains

Today I gained a deep insight into my lovely Megsie's world, with an astonishing and delightful make-believe called "The Grains".

This conversation at our house today:

Meg: Did you put all the bowls I washed back in with the dirty dishes?

Bens: Yes. They weren't clean.

Megs: Yes they were. Why did you do that?

Bens: They had stuff on them. I can't put them away like that. I tried--I just can't bring myself to do it.

Megs: Oh! They're really actually clean. That stuff you are talking about is just the grains. You wouldn't be able to get them off either.

Bens: I think I could. Would you like me to show you?

Megs: No. Could you not do that anymore? It makes more work.

Bens:. Sweetie, I was just making space in the drying rack so I could wash them and all the other dishes. Sorry I don't mean to make more work. I really just can't bring myself to put them away. If you are going to wash them like that, could you just put them away yourself--I'm fine if you do that--I just can't actually put them away with 'the grains' on them.

Megs: Okay, lovely (puts stack of bowls away in cupboard where they go).

4 comments:

  1. I love you so very much my darling Bens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must look out for those "grains" next time I eat there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My. You have a lovely amusement available for you to explore - the borders of grains, and what means this? Is Megs amused also, or is she a true believer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megs is both amused and a true believer at the same time, somehow =)

    ReplyDelete